All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionMrefu is a story of growing up--in England during wartime and in Kenya during the Mau Mau uprising, which forever shatters the privileged lifestyle of the European settlers. A serious illness dashes some of his dreams but Sheridan learns self-reliance when, as a young boy, he travels alone on a troop-ship. Later he finds excitement chasing wild game on horseback in Kenya. After he decides that there is future for him in Africa, Sheridan immigrates to Canada. He crews on a 77' schooner across the Atlantic that narrowly escapes shipwreck off Antigua. This is a tale of loss and triumph, loneliness and love, shyness and confidence, which is told with refreshing candour and self-depreciating humour.
- Author(s)Tony Sheridan
- Date of Publication27/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.