All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe complete guide to cooking hearty meat dishes by our most famous cook - fully updated for the 21st-century kitchen. Mrs Beeton was an expert at cooking suppers that were hearty, warming and wholesome. From a roast fore rib of beef, steak and kidney pudding and braised mutton, her recipes were big on flavour: tender, succulent and delicious dishes with the best quality cuts of meat. Here is traditional British cooking at its best, with the most ecomical and practical methods for you to create those classic suppers that continue to stand the test of time. All of the recipes have been drawn from Mrs Beeton's original Book of Household Management and have been updated for the 21st-century kitchen. Combined with sound, modern advice on how to source good food, plus detailed information on ingredients and equipment, and illustrations of all the techniques required, this is the go-to mini-book for any aspiring or experienced home cook.
- Author BiographyIsabella Mary Beeton was born in London in 1836 and grew up in a household of 21 children. Her style, imparting information as clearly as possible, was hugely influential and the enduring popularity of MRS BEETON'S BOOK OF HOUSEHOLD MANAGEMENT is a testament to the quality of her advice. Gerard Baker is a chef, food writer, broadcaster and historian. He has written extensively for THE TIMES, THE KITCHEN GARDEN and BBC GOOD FOOD MAGAZINE, and has been a specialist food contributor for BBC's national news networks and programmes for over 12 years. He has made numerous television appearances, most notably on the judging panel on Rosemary Schrager's SCHOOLS FOR COOKS and as the food historian to the Hairy Bikers on the MUMS KNOW BEST tour.
- Author(s)Isabella Beeton
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication08/11/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleMrs Beeton
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWeidenfeld & Nicolson
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight338 g
- Width158 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byFergus Henderson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.