All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionBeautiful widow Joan D'Silva is at Howrah Station, fleeing Calcutta with her 11-year-old son Errol. Also on the same train is Laxhimi, a torious hijira prostitute: charismatic, sensual and powerful. They are both running away to Luckw to escape danger, but soon their lives will become entangled in a web of corruption and blackmail. Who is responsible for the poisoning at the factory? Is it the Workers Revolutionary Movement, the Children of God under the sway of the charismatic Swami Naik, or someone else entirely? If only the police could help. But Detective Inspector Mallothra has based his investigative style on Mickey Spillane vels so it's down to Joan, her friends, and of course Errol, to unmask the perpetrator. With a cast of colourful characters, this new vel by Glen Peters is inspired by his youth in the dwindling Anglo-Indian community. It is a witty, vivid tale of intrigue, immersed in the sights, sounds, smells and especially the tastes of 1960s India.
- Author BiographyGlen Peters was brought up in an Anglo-Indian railway community in early post-independence India. His family was from Lucknow. After attending university in London he had a successful career with an international accounting firm. He lives in Pembrokeshire where he runs an arts charity and a renewables business.
- Author(s)Glen Peters
- PublisherParthian Books
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationCardigan
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintParthian Books
- Weight227 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.