All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.88Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionMrs Dalloway, created from a series of short stories, is one of Virginia Woolf's best-kwn vels. Thematically it conveys a rich and genuine humanity, in part through Woolf's use of interior perspectives. This edition provides a substantial introduction, which discusses the composition history of the vel and shows how Woolf's reading, writing, and personal life as well as the world around her contributed to the book. Explanatory tes review decades of scholarship while identifying numerous allusions to Homer, Shakespeare, Tennyson and others. A complete list of textual variants shows differences among all English language editions of the vel published in Woolf's lifetime. The tes call attention to variants of particular interest, including Woolf's substantial addition, at proof stage, to the scene of Septimus' suicide. This edition also includes Woolf's seldom-reprinted 1928 introduction, along with a full chrology of composition, and a more general chrology of Woolf's life and works.
- Author BiographyAnne E. Fernald is Associate Professor and Director of Writing and Composition at Fordham University, New York. She is the author of Virginia Woolf: Feminism and the Reader (2006) and has published articles on Virginia Woolf, D. H. Lawrence, and Modernism in noted publications including Virginia Woolf in Context (Cambridge University Press, 2012).
- Author(s)Virginia Woolf
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/12/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleCambridge Edition of the Works of Virginia Woolf
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 b/w illus. 1 map
- Weight720 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAnne E. Fernald
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.