Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionGretel helped to protect fugitives hunted by the Gestapo, hid her Jewish doctor in her cellar and passed to the resistance secrets learned from her work on the Enigma encryption machine. Finally arrested in 1945, she was liberated as the British Army advanced towards Hamburg. After the war, Gretel fell in love with a British officer. When he was transferred back to England, her determination and bravery were tested once more.
- Author BiographyGretel Mahoney was born in Germany in 1915 and was 24 years old when the Second World War broke out. She moved to England in 1945, where she remained until her death in 2006. Claudia Strachan was born in Germany and moved to England in 1993. After meeting Gretel, she spent the next nine years researching the historical background of her story.
- Author(s)Claudia Strachan,Gretel Mahoney
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Content Note1 x 8pp b/w
- Weight204 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.