Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionAn international team of scholars offers: * modernised, easily accessible texts * ample but ubtrusive academic guidance * attention to the theatrical qualities of each play and its stage history * informative illustrations, including reconstructions of early performances Much Ado has always been popular on the stage. This edition pays special attention to the history and range of theatrical interpretation. The most famous actors, from the time of Garrick to the present, have appeared as the sparring lovers Beatrice and Benedick. In recent times the play's matched plots of two pairs of lovers have been of interest to feminist critics. A full commentary includes antation of the many sexual jokes in the play that have been obscured by the complexity of Elizabethan language.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/01/1988
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleThe New Cambridge Shakespeare
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Out-of-print date10/12/2004
- Content Note11 b/w illus.
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Volume editorF. H. Mares
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.