All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA compendium of fascinating facts, quotations, statistics, stories, personalities, advice and trivia - fully revised to included cycling's dramatic increase in popularity since this volume was first published - it will inspire and entertain cycling fans and all other readers alike. This revised and updated edition includes stories on: Bo's cycling accident in Central Park, New York; the wedding of Solange Kwles and Alan Ferguson, when they rode to church on white bicycles; the London 2012 Olympic Games and 2014 Commonwealth Games cycling events; the Tour de Yorkshire starting in 2015 and the 2014 Tour de France grand depart (and Giro d'Italia starting in Ireland in the same year); epic bicycle journeys; MAMIL (middle-aged men in lycra) activities; new techlogy. Muck, Sweat & Gears is the perfect gift for the cyclist in your life whether he or she is an everyday commuter, mountain biker, cycle courier, tourist or racer.
- Author BiographyAlan Anderson was born in London and remembers what it was like to cycle around town in the bad old days before unleaded petrol, catalytic converters and bike lanes. An avid touring cyclist, he has pedalled through the UK and Europe and clocks up a couple of thousand miles a year on the Sussex Downs on his Dawes touring bike. He has contributed book reviews to the New Statesman, Times Literary Supplement and Private Eye. He lives in Brighton and this is his first book.
- Author(s)Alan Anderson
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Weight281 g
- Width119 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.