Muddle Your Way Through Being a Grandparent: How to Fool People into Thinking You're a Competent Granny or Grandpa by Paul Merrill (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAimed at today's generation of grandparents who refuse to be treated as befuddled old dears, this award-worthy book will take you through a hilarious series of scientifically questionable quizzes, flowcharts, role-playing exercises, checklists and celebrity advice. Worried you might t be a competent gran or gramps? Well, don't panic! Yet. This will arm you with the essential tips and tricks the so-called experts don't dare to tell you. Find out: What to do if your grandchild is ugly. Ways to inform your daughter she's a hopeless mum. Which illnesses to fake to get out of babysitting. Simple ways to make your war stories more exciting. What happens when grannies go evil. How to spot if you're losing your memory. Of course, you could read a rmal book on grandparenting, full of nice, fluffy ways to bond with your grandchild and Oprah-inspired guff on modern child-rearing. Yes, it might make you a better grandparent. But at what cost? Your children have an agenda here, and you need to understand what it is. Even w, they are plotting ways to exploit your energy, money and digestive biscuits. With this book, the fight back begins . . . Praise for 'Muddle Your Way Through Fatherhood' A witty, must-read book for both men on the verge of becoming a dad or knee deep in kids already. It will have both mums and dads laughing out loud. - Familiesonline.co.uk Rude, crude and perfect for all dads to be... Hilarious! - Practical Parenting Comedic genius - the best parenting book I've read. Bypass the yawnsville factual books and get this one. Honestly, I really loved it and it's the one I'm going to buy for Dads to be in future. It's pants-pissingly funny (a rating that should be available on Amazon and The Book Depository), but it's also true. Facts are offered up with maximum wit and sarcasm as well as real advice on how to handle situations without group hugs and over-emoting. I'm definitely keeping this book on hand. Muddle Your Way Through Fatherhood covers how real people handle parenting's tricky situations. Not how Super Nanny and Dr Phil would handle them were they to mate and produce a golden child. And if the Dad in your life isn't quite cutting it, get him a copy too so that he may brush up on his fathering (and husbanding) skills. It's bloody hilarious and very clever. - Parentalparody.com The book dads across the world have been waiting for all their lives, letting you in on the insider secrets the so-called 'real' parenting books don't dare tell you. It will arm you with all the tips, cheats and excuses you're going to need! - MADE Magazine
- Author BiographyPaul Merrill is a father of three boys and has had significant exposure to grandparents, both good and bad. As his sons grew up, he found himself sympathising with the older generation and relating to their plight ever more. This spoof self-help book is borne out of many battles and tensions between the generations, and may prove much more useful to new grandparents than it was ever designed to be.
- Author(s)Paul Merrill
- PublisherThistle Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThistle Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.