All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn Muddying the Waters, Richa Nagar uses stories, encounters, and anecdotes as well as methodological reflections, to grapple with the complexity of working through solidarities, responsibility, and ethics while involved in politically engaged scholarship. Experiences that range from the streets of Dar es Salaaam to farms and development offices in North India inform discussion of the labor and politics of co-authorship, translation and genre blending in research and writing that cross multiple--and often difficult--borders, Nagar links the implicit assumptions, issues, and questions involved with scholarship and political action, and explores the epistemological risks and possibilities of creative research that brings these into intimate dialogue. Daringly self-conscious, Muddying the Waters reveals a politically engaged research and writer working to become radically vulnerable, and on the ways a focus on such radical vulnerability could allow a re-imagining of collaboration that opens new avenues to collective dreaming and laboring across sociopolitical, geographical, linguistic, and institutional borders.
- Author BiographyRicha Nagar is a professor of gender, women, and sexuality studies at University of Minnesota and co-author of Playing With Fire: Feminist Thought and Activism through Seven Lives in India.
- Author(s)Richa Nagar
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleDissident Feminisms
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note10 black and white photographs
- Weight522 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.