Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.34
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
About this product
- DescriptionChemotherapy is one of the major treatment options for cancer patients; however, the efficacy of chemotherapeutic management of cancer is severely limited by multidrug resistance, in that cancer cells become simultaneously resistant to many structurally and mechanistically unrelated drugs. In the past three decades, a number of mechanisms by which cancer cells acquire multidrug resistance have been discovered. In addition, the development of agents or strategies to overcome resistance has been the subject of intense study. This book contains comprehensive and up-to-date reviews of multidrug resistance mechanisms, from over-expression of ATP-binding cassette drug transporters such as P-glycoprotein, multidrug resistance-associated proteins, and breast cancer resistance p- tein to the drug ratio-dependent antagonism and the paradigm of cancer stem cells. The book also includes strategies to overcome multidrug resistance, from the development of compounds that inhibit drug transporter function to the modulation of transporter expression. In addition, this book contains techniques for the detection and imaging of drug transporters, methods for the investigation of drug resistance in animal models, and strategies to evaluate the efficacy of resistance reversal agents. The book intends to provide a state-of-the-art collection of reviews and methods for both basic and clinician investigators who are interested in cancer multidrug resistance mechanisms and reversal strategies. Tianjin, China Jun Zhou v Contents Preface...v Contributors...ix 1 Multidrug Resistance in Cancer ...1 Bruce C. Baguley 2 Multidrug Resistance in Oncology and Beyond: From Imaging of Drug Efflux Pumps to Cellular Drug Targets ...
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication18/11/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 596
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note63 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, 32 black & white tables, 1 colour tables, biography
- Weight1245 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byJun Zhou
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.