All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $43.22Trending at AU $49.00
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.80
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.31
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.25
About this product
- DescriptionMulticriterion Decision in Management: Principles and Practice is the first multicriterion analysis book devoted exclusively to discrete multicriterion decision making. Typically, multicriterion analysis is used in two distinct frameworks: Firstly, there is multiple criteria linear programming, which is an extension of the results of linear programming and its associated algorithms. Secondly, there is discrete multicriterion decision making, which is concerned with choices among a finite number of possible alternatives such as projects, investments, decisions, etc. This is the focus of this book. The book concentrates on the basic principles in the domain of discrete multicriterion analysis, and examines each of these principles in terms of their properties and their implications. In multicriterion decision analysis, any optimum in the strict sense of the term does t exist. Rather, multicriterion decision making utilizes tools, methods, and thinking to examine several solutions, each having their advantages and disadvantages, depending on one's point of view. Actually, various methods exist for reaching a good choice in a multicriterion setting and even a complete ranking of the alternatives. The book describes and compares these methods, so-called 'aggregation methods', with their advantages and their shortcomings. Clearly, organizations are becoming more complex, and it is becoming harder and harder to disregard complexity of points of view, motivations, and objectives. The day of the single objective (profit, social environment, etc. ) is over and the wishes of all those involved in all their diversity must be taken into account. To do this, a basic kwledge of multicriterion decision analysis is necessary. The objective of this book is to supply that kwledge and enable it to be applied. The book is intended for use by practitioners (managers, consultants), researchers, and students in engineering and business.
- Author(s)Jean-Charles Pomerol,Sergio Barba-Romero
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleInternational Series in Operations Research & Management Science
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight629 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2000
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.