All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionAll children can benefit from building new friendships and repairing old ones. For the librarian, teacher, or parent who wishes to foster compassionate multicultural relationships between and among children, this manual offers help. It includes an antated bibliography of children's books that contain characters of different cultural heritages who display friendship with others. For each book listed, Roberts highlights the heritage of the book's main character(s), the age levels for which it is intended, and includes detailed plans, materials to use, objectives, activities, and discussion questions. The stories and accompanying activities will help children build associations with others, understand the value of support groups, and recognize the value of friendships. Sample lessons from selected books show educators and parents how such literature can be used to help children develop friendship skills. Children's books are categorized by family friendships, neighborhood and community friendships, and world friendships. Contains a broad sampling of quality picture books for children ages 5-8, as well as books without pictures for children ages 9-14.
- Author BiographyPatricia L. Roberts is Professor of Education at California State University, Sacramento. She is the author of twenty teaching works including Alphabet: A Handbook of ABC Books (Scarecrow, 1994), and Taking Humor Seriously in Children's Literature (Scarecrow, 1997). She is a member of the National Council of Teachers of English.
- Author(s)Patricia L. Roberts
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication28/01/1998
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleSchool Library Media Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 12
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note1 diagram, bibliography
- Weight308 g
- Width142 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.