All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRough path analysis provides a fresh perspective on Ito's important theory of stochastic differential equations. Key theorems of modern stochastic analysis (existence and limit theorems for stochastic flows, Freidlin-Wentzell theory, the Stroock-Varadhan support description) can be obtained with dramatic simplifications. Classical approximation results and their limitations (Wong-Zakai, McShane's counterexample) receive 'obvious' rough path explanations. Evidence is building that rough paths will play an important role in the future analysis of stochastic partial differential equations and the authors include some first results in this direction. They also emphasize interactions with other parts of mathematics, including Caratheodory geometry, Dirichlet forms and Malliavin calculus. Based on successful courses at the graduate level, this up-to-date introduction presents the theory of rough paths and its applications to stochastic analysis. Examples, explanations and exercises make the book accessible to graduate students and researchers from a variety of fields.
- Author BiographyPeter K. Friz is a Reader in the Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics at the University of Cambridge. He is also a Research Group Leader at the Johann Radon Institute at the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Linz. Nicolas B. Victoir works in quantitative research at JPMorgan in Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Nicolas B. Victoir,Peter K. Friz
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 120
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus. 100 exercises
- Weight1600 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.