All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionMultifaceted Assessment in Early Childhood is ideal for those on upper-division undergraduate courses and first-level graduate courses in early childhood education assessment. The book covers the various measures used in a range of assessment dimensions, and includes valuable information regarding young children with special needs and English Language Learners, which has rarely been touched upon in other textbooks. The chapters are focused on student accessibility and include practical applications of key concepts. Features and benefits: Covers a range of assessment concepts, including - Formative (uses feedback from learning to adapt teaching) -Summative (i.e. tests, quizzes) -Authentic (focuses on complex/deeper tasks) -Standardized (STAR, SAT) Includes coverage of assessment for English language learners and children with special needs -- topics that are t provided eugh coverage in other books (including Wortham, McAfee, Puckett and Mindes). Wright's writing style grabs and engages the reader in the topic. Two of our reviewers who use Wortham specifically cited Wright's writing style as a reason they would adopt our book. A McAfee reviewer is likely to switch for the same reason.
- Author BiographyRobert Wright earned a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry from Kutztown University of Pennsylvania in 1966, and began teaching high school science. A few years later in 1969 he earned a Masters degree in school counseling from West Chester University and was employed as a public school counselor, first with high school students and later with middle school students. In 1974 he completed a doctorate (Ph.D.) in Educational Psychology with specializations in child & adolescent development and educational measurement from Temple University. As part of that degree he completed a clinical fellowship in rehabilitation counseling at Moss Hospital, part of the Albert Einstein Medical Center (Philadelphia). Following graduation he completed advanced studies in school psychology at Lehigh University. Professor Wright has taught counseling and supervised counseling interns and has also taught educational measurement, and educational statistics & research for graduate students in counseling. He is a member of the American Counseling Association, the American School Counselor Association, the American Psychological Association (Division 17, counseling psychology), the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, and the American Educational Research Association. He is professionally licensed to practice in Pennsylvania. During his career Professor Wright chaired 114 doctoral dissertations, published and presented over 120 articles and paper presentations and has had four books published.
- Author(s)Robert J. Wright
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/12/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight522 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.