All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionMultilingual Aspects of Speech Sound Disorders in Children explores both multilingual and multicultural aspects of children with speech sound disorders. The 30 chapters have been written by 44 authors from 16 different countries about 112 languages and dialects. The book is designed to translate research into clinical practice. It is divided into three sections: (1) Foundations, (2) Multilingual speech acquisition, (3) Speech-language pathology practice. An introductory chapter discusses cross-linguistic and multilingual aspects of speech sound disorders in children. Subsequent chapters address speech sound acquisition, how the disorder manifests in different languages, cultural contexts, and speakers, and addresses diagsis, assessment and intervention. The research chapters synthesize available research across a wide range of languages. A unique feature of this book are the chapters that translate research into clinical practice. These chapters provide real-life vignettes for specific geographical or linguistic contexts.
- Author BiographySharynne McLeod is professor of speech and language acquisition at Charles Sturt University, Australia. She is vice president of the International Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics Association, editor of the International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and author of a number of books including the International Guide to Speech Acquisition. Brian A. Goldstein is associate professor in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Temple University, USA. He currently serves on the editorial board of Clinical Linguistics and Phonetics and has previously served as Associate Editor and Editor of Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication20/02/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCommunication Disorders Across Languages
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byBrian Goldstein,Sharynne McLeod
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.