All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHumans are the best functioning example of multimedia communication and computing - that is, we understand information and experiences through the unified perspective offered by our five senses. This invative textbook presents emerging techniques in multimedia computing from an experiential perspective in which each medium - audio, images, text, and so on - is a strong component of the complete, integrated exchange of information or experience. The authors' goal is to present current techniques in computing and communication that will lead to the development of a unified and holistic approach to computing using heterogeneous data sources. Gerald Friedland and Ramesh Jain introduce the fundamentals of multimedia computing, describing the properties of perceptually encoded information, presenting common algorithms and concepts for handling it, and outlining the typical requirements for emerging applications that use multifarious information sources. Designed for advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate courses, the book will also serve as an introduction for engineers and researchers interested in understanding the elements of multimedia and their role in building specific applications.
- Author BiographyGerald Friedland is the Director of Audio and Multimedia Research at the International Computer Science Institute, a private lab affiliated with the University of California, Berkeley, where he is currently leading a group of multimedia researchers. Ramesh Jain is a Donald Bren Professor in Information and Computer Sciences at the University of California, Irvine, where he is doing research in EventWeb and Experiential Computing for developing and building social life networks.
- Author(s)Gerald Friedland,Ramesh Jain
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/07/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note111 b/w illus. 9 colour illus. 3 tables 233 exercises
- Weight920 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.