All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes a radically different look at communication, and in doing so presents a series of challenges to accepted views on language, on communication, on teaching and, above all, on learning. Drawing on extensive research in science classrooms, it presents a view of communication in which language is t necessarily communication - image, gesture, speech, writing, models, spatial and bodily codes. The action of students in learning is radically rethought: all participants in communication are seen as active transformers of the meaning resources around them, and this approach opens a new window on the processes of learning.
- Author BiographyGunther Kress is a Professor, Culture Communication and Societies, Institute of Education, University of London. Carey Jewitt is a Senior Researcher, Culture Communication and Societies, Institute of Education, University of London. Jon Ogborn is Professor of Science Education, University of Sussex. Charalampos Tsatsarelis is Director of Research and Developments Centre, The Ziridis Schools, Athens.
- Author(s)Carey Jewitt,Charalampos Tsatsarelis,Gunther Kress,Jon Ogborn
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAdvances in Applied Linguistics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight352 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.