All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description'Multimodal Teaching and Learning: The Rhetorics of the Science Classroom achieves the rare goal of explicating multimodality as both theory and practice. This is an importantly concrete analysis, derived from extended, careful, and interdisciplinary observation, which challenges our thinking about how meaning and kwledge are shaped by our modes of communication. The book appeals to a wide range of scholars and practitioners far beyond the science classroom.' Professor Ron Scollon, Department of Linguistics, Georgetown University. This book takes a radically different look at communication, and in doing so presents a series of challenges to accepted views on language, on communication, on teaching and, above all, on learning. Drawing on extensive research in science classrooms, it presents a view of communication in which language is t necessarily communication - image, gesture, speech, writing, models, spatial and bodily codes. The action of students in learning is radically rethought: all participants in communication are seen as active transformers of the meaning resources around them, and this approach opens a new window on the processes of learning.
- Author BiographyGunther Kress is a Professor, Culture Communication and Societies, Institute of Education, University of London.Charalampos Tsatsarelis is Director of Research and Developments Centre, The Ziridis Schools, Athens.Carey Jewitt is a Senior Researcher, Culture Communication and Societies, Institute of Education, University of London.Jon Ogborn is Professor of Science Education, University of Sussex.
- Author(s)Carey Jewitt,Charalampos Tsatsarelis,Gunther Kress,Jon Ogborn,etc.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication04/10/2001
- Series TitleAdvances in Applied Linguistics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.