All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionThe book argues that the role of multinational enterprises (MNEs) in ecomic transition should involve participation in initial industrial restructuring and then in the subsequent, more orderly, advance of sustainable development. It emphasizes that MNEs can remain participants in such processes of change because of the diversity of their strategic aims and their willingness to adapt their operations in a particular host country. Thus, beyond targeting local markets and/or developing new supply bases in transition ecomies, MNEs can also move towards locating dynamic creative operations there. This can reflect strong, commercially underrealized techlogical and research heritages and capacities in European transition ecomies. MNEs, it is argued, can help these ecomies to enter international markets as much on the basis of product and techlogical originality as on the basis of low input costs. The book carefully conceptualizes these themes and investigates them through two new survey-based data sets on MNEs' strategic and techlogical activity in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Author BiographyJULIA MANEA is a lecturer in International Business at the Manchester School of Management. She obtained her Ph D from the University of Reading. Her research and teaching interests include multinational firms' strategies in emerging markets, subsidiary development and impact on host-countries, transition economies, industrial performance and economic growth. ROBERT PEARCE is a reader in International Business in the Department of Economics at the University of Reading.
- Author(s)Julia Manea,Robert Pearce
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/03/2004
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight420 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.