All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionProgramming languages are often classified according to their paradigms, e.g. imperative, functional, logic, constraint-based, object-oriented, or aspect-oriented. A paradigm characterizes the style, concepts, and methods of the language for describing situations and processes and for solving problems, and each paradigm serves best for programming in particular application areas. Real-world problems, however, are often best implemented by a combination of concepts from different paradigms, because they comprise aspects from several realms, and this combination is more comfortably realized using multiparadigm programming languages. This book deals with the theory and practice of multiparadigm constraint programming languages. The author first elaborates on programming paradigms and languages, constraints, and the merging of programming concepts which yields multiparadigm (constraint) programming languages. In the second part the author inspects two concrete approaches on multiparadigm constraint programming - the concurrent constraint functional language CCFL, which combines the functional and the constraint-based paradigms and allows the description of concurrent processes; and a general framework for multiparadigm constraint programming and its implementation, Meta-S. The book is appropriate for researchers and graduate students in the areas of programming and artificial intelligence.
- Author BiographyThe author holds the Chair for Programming Languages and Compilers at the Brandenburgische Technische Universitat (btu) Cottbus.
- Author(s)Petra Hofstedt
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication17/06/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleCognitive Technologies
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight456 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.