All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, Europeans have engaged in sharp debates about migrants and mirity groups as social problems. The discussions usually neglect who these people are, how they live their lives, and how they identify themselves. Multiple Identities describes how migrants and mirities of all age groups experience their lives and manage complex, often multiple, identities, which alter with time and changing circumstances. The contributors consider mirities who have received a lot of attention, such as Turkish Germans, and some who have received little, such as Kashubians and Tartars in Poland and Chinese in Switzerland. They also examine international adoption and cross-cultural relationships and discuss some models for multicultural success.
- Author BiographyPaul Spickard is Professor of History and Asian American Studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He is author of Mixed Blood: Intermarriage and Ethnic Identity in Twentieth-Century America (1989), Pacific Diaspora: Island Peoples in the United States and across the Pacific (2002), Racial Thinking in the United States (2004), Race and Nation: Ethnic Systems in the Modern World (2005), and Almost All Aliens: Immigration, Race, and Colonialism in American History and Identity (2007).
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication12/04/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note3 b&w illus.
- Weight522 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byPaul R. Spickard
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.