Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume compiles popular booklets representing grass-root dissent and protest of the dalit community in rth India. Dalits have remained excluded t only from the ecomic and cultural mainstream of society but also from the ambit of the expression of their existential tions in the hierarchical order of the society. Despite their multiple sociological layers and also multiple expressions, it is the dominant expression produced in the urban and literary centres of India that has been subjected to academic exposition. And yet t much attention is given to the fact that there are multiple voices in print that are being assiduously transmitted in the newly emerged public spheres of this community. It ought to be ted that such voices of the dalits are mere expressions of their identity assertion, political mobilization and capture of political power through the negation of earlier tions of Brahminical history and sociology. An attempt has been made in this volume to compile a small part of this literature for those who wish to undertake an alternative exploration of the political culture of this emerging society in the modern context.
- Author(s)Badri Narayan
- PublisherManohar Publishers and Distributors
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintManohar Publishers and Distributors
- Width145 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byA.R. Misra
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.