All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionBecause most people who are diagsed with MS are between the ages of 15-55 years, the disease has a significant impact, t only on the individual with the disease, but also on the family members and loved ones whose lives are interwoven with them. Families experiencing Multiple Sclerosis often find themselves in uncharted territory. Prior patterns of interacting with each other may longer work; roles often shift with dramatic emotional impact; guilt, anger, sadness and a sense of burden may create a barrier to intimacy, joy, growth and family unity. There are ways out of this debilitating situation and many families have restored their balance, humour, productivity and family solidarity. Multiple Sclerosis: A Guide for Families can lead the way for your family to strengthen its coping skills and to receive targeted information about the disease and its ramifications. This complete yet highly readable guide for families living with Multiple Sclerosis addresses these issues and more. Families must learn how to strike a reasonable balance between the interests and needs of its members and to accommodate the limitations imposed by MS without allowing them to impact every aspect of family life. This is easier said than done and extensive discussions consider how the basic goals of living with this chronic disease can be met.
- Author BiographyDr. Rosalind Kalb, a clinical psychologist, is Director of the Professional Resource Center at the National Multiple Sclerosis Society in New York, where she develops and provides educational and consultation services to clinicians who care for people with MS. In her private clinical practice, she specializes in the needs of individuals and families living with chronic illness and disability. She serves on the editorial board of several publications, including the International Journal of MS Care.
- Author(s)Rosalind Kalb
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication30/09/2005
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Weight503 g
- Width152 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.