Multiple Sclerosis: Current Status and Strategies for the Future by Institute of Medicine, Committee on Multiple Sclerosis: Current Status and Strategies for the Future, National Academy of Sciences, Board on Neuroscience and Behavioral Health (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $103.85+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $48.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionMultiple sclerosis is a chronic and often disabling disease of the nervous system, affecting about 1 million people worldwide. Even though it has been kwn for over a hundred years, cause or cure has yet been discovered-but w there is hope. New therapies have been shown to slow the disease progress in some patients, and the pace of discoveries about the cellular machinery of the brain and spinal cord has accelerated. This book presents a comprehensive overview of multiple sclerosis today, as researchers seek to understand its processes, develop therapies that will slow or halt the disease and perhaps repair damage, offer relief for specific symptoms, and improve the abilities of MS patients to function in their daily lives. The panel reviews existing kwledge and identifies key research questions, focusing on: * Research strategies that have the greatest potential to understand the bio- logical mechanisms of recovery and to translate findings into specific strategies for therapy. * How people adapt to MS and the research needed to improve the lives of people with MS. * Management of disease symptoms (cognitive impairment, depression, spasticity, vision problems, and others). The committee also discusses ways to build and financially support the MS research enterprise, including a look at challenges inherent in designing clinical trials. This book will be important to MS researchers, research funders, health care advocates for MS research and treatment, and interested patients and their families.
- Author BiographyJanet E. Joy and Richard B. Johnston, Jr., Editors, Committee on Multiple Sclerosis: Current Status and Strategies for the Future, Board on Neuroscience and Behavioral Health
- Author(s)Board on Neuroscience and Behavioral Health,Committee on Multiple Sclerosis: Current Status and Strategies for the Future,Institute of Medicine,National Academy of Sciences
- PublisherNational Academies Press
- Date of Publication10/07/2001
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Academies Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight848 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine83 mm
- Edited byJanet E. Joy,Richard B. Johnston
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.