All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the state-of-the-art in multiscale modeling and simulation techniques for composite materials and structures. It focuses on the structural and functional properties of engineering composites and the sustainable high performance of components and structures. The multiscale techniques can be also applied to nacomposites which are important application areas in natechlogy. There are few books available on this topic.
- Author BiographyDr. Kwon is Professor of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering Department of Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) in Monterey, California. He was the past Chair of the department. He was also Professor and Chair of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Energy Processes of Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIUC). He received his Ph.D. degree from Rice University, MS degree from Oklahoma State University, and B.S. degree from Seoul National University, all in mechanical engineering. Dr. Allen earned a bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering at A&M (1972) and spent three years as a weather officer in the U.S. Air Force before returning to College Station to earn a master's degree in civil engineering in 1977 and a doctorate in aerospace engineering in 1980. He is a fellow and past president of the Society of Engineering Science, a fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and an associate fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. He has received numerous awards, but is most proud of the Distinguished Teaching Award he received in 1999 from the Texas A&M University Association of Former Students.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight967 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byDavid H. Allen,Ramesh R. Talreja,Young W. Kwon
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.