All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionMultivariate approximation theory is today an increasingly active research area. It encompasses a wide range of tools for multivariate approximation such as multi-dimensional splines and finite elements, shift-invariant spaces and radial-basis functions. Approximation theory in the multivariate setting has many applications including numerical analysis, wavelet analysis, signal processing, geographic information systems, computer aided geometric design and computer graphics. The field is fascinating since much of the mathematics of the classical univariate theory does t straightforwardly generalize to the multivariate setting, so new tools are required. This advanced introduction to multivariate approximation and related topics consists of nine articles written by leading experts surveying many of the new ideas and their applications. Each article introduces a particular topic, takes the reader to the forefront of research and ends with a comprehensive bibliography. This unique account is an ideal introduction to the subject for researchers, in universities and industry, and graduate students.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/05/2001
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Out-of-print date23/05/2013
- Content Note22 b/w illus. 14 colour illus.
- Weight660 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byA. Pinkus,D. Leviatan,D. Levin,N. Dyn,etc.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.