Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionA tribute to the late great science fiction icon Poul Anderson, and a wonderful collection of stories by some of the genres top writers! Authors include Tad Williams, Terry Brooks, Greg Bear, Raymond Feist, Larry Niven, and Eric Flint. Poul Anderson was one of the seminal figures of 20th century science fiction. Named a Grand Master by the SFWA in 1997, he produced an ermous body of stand-alone vels (<i>Brain Wave, Tau Zero</i>) and series fiction (<i>Time Patrol</i>, the Dominic Flandry books) and was equally at home in the fields of heroic fantasy and hard SF. He was a meticulous craftsman and a gifted storyteller, and the impact of his finest work continues, undiminished, to this day. Here is a rousing, all-original anthology that stands both as a significant achievement in its own right and a heartfelt tribute to a remarkable writer and equally remarkable man. A nicely balanced mixture of fiction and reminiscence, this volume contains thirteen stories and vellas by some of today's finest writers, along with moving reflections by, among others, Anderson's wife, Karen, his daughter, Astrid Anderson Bear, and his son-in-law, velist and co-editor Greg Bear. (Bear's introduction, My Friend Poul, is particularly illuminating and insightful.) The fictional contributions comprise a kaleidoscopic array of imaginative responses to Anderson's many and varied fictional worlds. A few of the highlights include Nancy Kress's Outmoded Things and Terry Brooks' The Fey of Cloudmoor, stories inspired by the Hugo Award-winning The Queen of Air and Darkness ; a pair of truly wonderful Time Patrol stories ( A Slip in Time by S. M. Stirling and Christmas in Gondwanaland by Robert Silverberg); Raymond E. Feist's Dominic Flandry adventure, A Candle ; and a pair of very different homages to the classic fantasy vel, <i>Three Hearts and Three Lions</i> The Man Who Came Late by Harry Turtledove and Three Lilies and Three Leopards (And a Participation Ribbon in Science) by Tad Williams. These stories, together with singular contributions by such significant figures as Larry Niven, Gregory Benford, and Eric Flint, add up to a memorable, highly personal anthology that lives up to the standards set by the late and indisputably great Poul Anderson.
- Author(s)Gardner Doizos,Greg Bear
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight272 g
- Width104 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.