Save on Travel Guides
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.18
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.19
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $34.11
- AU $29.50Trending at AU $33.56
About this product
- DescriptionMARCO POLO Munich: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips With this up-to-date, authoritative guide you can experience all the sights of Munich. You can discover great hotels, restaurants, bars, clubs and pubs, popular shops, trendy spots and festivals and events. There are tips on what to do on a limited budget and on where it's best to set off on your city tour, shopping trip or head for the nightlife. Also contains: suggestions for The Perfect Day, Travel Tips, Links, Blogs, Apps & More, index and removable pull-out map and street atlas. Munich is more than dirndl (traditional dress), weisswurst (white sausage) and Oktoberfest. Munich offers good traditional fare, fusion and uvelle cuisine, beer gardens, palace gardens and river surfing locations, brass band music, the Philharmonic and Electro clubs. In short, Munich is aware of tradition, but cosmopolitan and with its finger always on the pulse of the times. With MARCO POLO Munich you can experience the Bavarian federal capital in all its facets. Have a walk through the English Garden, one of the biggest municipal parks in the world; have a break by the renaturalised River Isar; and explore the varied quarters of the village of millions. Go shopping in long-established, traditional shops and stylish passages such as the Funf Hofe. Marvel at the late Baroque paintings in the Asams Church, the treasures in the Residenz and the spectacular architecture of the Allianz Arena and Brandhorst Museum. The MARCO POLO Insider Tips tell you where you can browse at Bavaria's largest flea market and eat roast pork at day break. The tips on what to do on a limited budget in each chapter prove that you can experience a great deal with very little money, enjoy something special and snap up some real bargains. Whether on foot, bike or blades you can tour the city at random through Italy's rthernmost city: through the Old Town, art districts or the highlights of modern architecture. And there's plenty for young children in the city such as, for example, a walk in the zoo specially conceived for families, the aquarium or the children's area in the Deutsches Museum. And the Dos and Don'ts will prevent you trying to drive round Munich by car or visiting the Hofbrauhaus and Marienplatz at midday. MARCO POLO Munich gives comprehensive coverage of all aspects of a visit to Munich. To help you find your way around there's a detailed street atlas, practical map inside the back cover, with a map of the Schnellbahn (suburban and underground train) network.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Alex Wulkow,Amadeus Danesitz,Astrid Dobmeier,Karl Forster
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication16/01/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight249 g
- Width109 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byUlrike Fruhwald
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Sheet map
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.