All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionWhy kill a complete stranger? In the early morning hours of May 2, 1990, Rich Duncan, checked out of the Motel 6 in Moses Lake, Washington and traveled over the North Cascades Highway enroute to his home in Duvall, Washington. He was supposed to be home by four o'clock that afteron... I am an Ann Rule fan and I honestly think this book is right up there with her best. -Janis M. Bowlby By the time I read the first few pages I was hooked. --Susan E. Campbell #1 Bestseller on Amazon.ca in Murder and Mayhem ...two days later, police discovered his abandoned car in the small town of Darrington, Washington. As his wife desperately struggled to get law enforcement to help find her husband, his killer set out to cover up his crime and evade detection. Once he was eventually captured, the shocking truth about the killer's violent past and shocking early release from prison deepened Karen Duncan's resolve on her relentless quest to ensure, that despite a favorable plea deal that would have released him on January 27, 2014, that he would never walk free again.
- Author BiographyGrowing up in Seattle during the seventies and eighties, Dr. Jon Keehner molded his first-hand experience with the murder of a loved one and his passion for investigative research into a detailed and fervent writing style. I think that comes from when I was growing up as a kid, my dad took me elk hunting outside of Yakima where the members of our elk camp were Seattle homicide detectives. I would sit around the campfire and listen as they told the stories of the cases they had worked in a very raw and unfiltered way. At the time, I learned (quick) just to stay quiet and sit in the shadows and listen. The stories were very real and looking back, it seemed so much of the story never made it in to the case files-you had to get it. Many of these detectives were featured in Ann Rule stories. As a result, he doesn't hold back, mince words, search for eloquent prose or make apologies for describing in detail what he thinks happened, why he thinks it happened and then offers up the evidence to support his opinions. His raw, sometimes vicious, dialogue and meticulous description of place, scene and context, leaves readers feeling as though he has taken you on a guided tour through the minds, motivations and emotions of the perpetrators and the victims alike. Once his books are started-they are hard to put down. Dr. Keehner earned a Ph.D. in carnivore ecology from Washington State University studying predator-prey interactions. He currently resides in north Idaho where he spends his time (when not writing or researching) attempting to investigate and expose the utter malfeasance of his and his wife's four cats.
- Author(s)Jon Keehner
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date05/02/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.