All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClues lead Emma from posh Bellevue Avenue across the bustling seaport to the modest Point neighbourhood where she grew up, and to suspects who hail from America's most powerful families. While being the granddaughter several generations removed from Cornelius The Commodore Vanderbilt gives her the connections she needs to investigate high society, it's her Newport roots that will provide her with the stubbornness and fortitude to confront a murderer.
- Author Biography<b>Alyssa Maxwell</b>, author of the critically acclaimed Gilded Newport Mystery series, began a love affair with the city of Newport at a very early age. Always a lover of history, marrying into a large, generations-old Newport family opened up an exciting new world of historical discovery. From the graveyards whose earliest markers read from the seventeenth century, to original colonial houses still lived in today, to the Newport Artillery Company whose curator for many years was her husband's grandfather, Newport became a place of fascination and romantic charm. Today, Maxwell and her family live in Florida, but part of her heart remains firmly in that small New England city of great significance, a microcosm of American history spanning from before the Revolution through the Civil War, the Industrial Age, the Gilded Age, and beyond.
- Author(s)Alyssa Maxwell
- PublisherKensington Publishing
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKensington Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight20 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $98.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.46Trending at AU $14.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.