All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionSeven friends decide to band together to campaign to save the environment. They call themselves the Martians, because, as everyone kws, Martians are green! Over the years, they go their separate ways and some of them seem to have forgotten their early ideals. Then, out of the blue, one of their number is murdered: struck down by an unkwn assailant. Ather of the group comes under suspicion and yet a third member is implicated. Did geology tutor Martin Riess kill his journalist friend or was the murderer one of the victims of the reporter's caustic pen? Was the crime sparked off by recent events or does it have its origins deep in the past? Why is the victim's politician wife apparently uninterested in her husband's fate? Detective Inspector Peter Johns grapples with these questions as he tries to get to the bottom of a high-profile crime that could make or break his career and his marriage. This is the fifth full-length vel featuring DI Peter Johns and his wife, Bernie. It is a detective vel set in Oxford.
- Author BiographyJudy Ford is a child of the manse, her father being a Methodist minister who spent much of his working life in academia. She attended Lady Margaret Hall, a college of the University of Oxford, gaining a degree in mathematics in 1979. While she was there she met her husband, Neville, another mathematics student and they married shortly after graduation. They moved back to his home town of Widnes, near Liverpool, and have lived in the Cheshire/Merseyside area ever since. Judy's working life has been varied, including a brief time in industry, several periods in university posts in Mathematics, Computer Science and Earth Sciences departments, ten years as a research manager in the National Health Service and an eleven year career break while bringing up three children (all now mathematics graduates!). Since leaving the NHS, Judy has been working part time at the University of Chester while devoting up to three days per week to her passion of writing. She writes for pleasure, but hopes that there may be people out there who will enjoy reading about the characters that she has created as much as she enjoys telling their stories. As Methodist Local Preacher, Judy often tells her congregation, I see my role as asking the questions and leaving you to think out your own answers. She carries this philosophy forward into her writing and she hopes that readers will find themselves challenged to think as well as being entertained.
- Author(s)Judy Ford
- PublisherBernie Fazakerley Publications
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBernie Fazakerley Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.