All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA smart, sassy self-appointed private investigator, Cass Tuplin is unforgettable and the town of Rusty Bore will never be the same...Cass Tuplin's takeaway isn't the last shop left in Rusty Bore. There's also Vern's General Store. But it's true the town's t exactly overflowing with residents, and a stranger in Cass's shop is quite an event. Especially one like Clarence- suspicious, bleeding, looking for a burger with the lot and somewhere quiet to stay. Cass kws just the place. Then she finds out more about Clarence and wants him out of town, but it turns out that's t as easy as it sounds. And then she finds the body. It sounds like a job for the local police. Except that the local police is Cass's son Dean, who has his doubts about Cass. And there's way he's expending police resources on his mother's fantasy crimes, t anymore. So it looks like Cass is going to have to find the killer on her own. Sue Williams is a refreshing and irreverent new voice in crime fiction - Australia's answer to Janet Evavich and Sue Grafton.
- Author BiographySue Williams is the author of a number of bestselling books, including Women of the Outback; No Time For Fear - the story of shark attack survivor Paul de Gelder; Mean Streets, Kind Heart- The Father Chris Riley Story; Outback Spirit; and Father Bob- The Larrikin Priest. Her other books include Outback Spirit; Welcome to the Outback; Peter Ryan- The Inside Story and And Then The Darkness, about the disappearance of the British backpacker Peter Falconio, which was shortlisted for the prestigious Golden Dagger Award in the UK for the true crime book of the year, and the Ned Kelly Awards in Australia. Also an award-winning journalist, Sue was born in England, and worked in print and television in the UK and New Zealand. She spent many years travelling around the world before falling in love with Australia in 1989. Since settling here, she has written for many of Australia's leading newspapers and magazines. In stark contrast to the outback, Sue's apartment is in the most densely populated part of Australia - Sydney's Kings Cross - where she lives with her partner, writer Jimmy Thomson. For more information, visit suewilliams.com.au. Sue's book, Father Bob, inspired the first edition o
- PrizesShortlisted for Ned Kelly Awards for Australian Crime Writing: Best First Novel 2013.
- Author(s)Sue Williams
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication27/02/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintText Classics
- Weight398 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.