All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat's that ise? Is it the Thunderbird bringing doom and destruction from the skies? Or could it be the growling of the Mitaur as it paces around its labyrinth, waiting for its next victim? Find out which horrid beast ranks highest on the fear factor in this compendium of creepiness. Includes information about the historical origins of the myths in which these monsters appear and their effect on life today. The Top Ten Worst series counts down the ghastliest ghoulies, the most petrifying pirates, the angriest animals, the nastiest natural disasters, and much, much more! Colourful and humourous illustrations accompany the terrifying text, which features information on how to survive everything from the worst volcanic eruption to the world's deadliest animal. Each title explores the facts and the science behind each subject as well as looking at their impact on the world at large. Topics and subjects are put in a geographical and historical context so the reader can breathe a sigh of relief if the threat is very old or far away. Captions and speech bubbles bring the illustrations to life while 'Vital Statistics' fact boxes fill you in on all the details.All titles feature a full glossary and index, which back up the scientific and historical information found within the books.
- Author BiographyFiona Macdonald studied history at Cambridge University and at the University of East Anglia. She has taught in adult education and in schools and universities, and is the author of numerous books for children on historical topics. David Antram was born in Brighton, England, in 1958. He studied at Eastbourne College of Art and then worked in advertising for 15 years before becoming a full-time illustrator. He has since illustrated well over 100 titles, mainly for children and young adults, including around 60 in the bestselling 'You Wouldn't Want to Be' series.
- Author(s)Fiona MacDonald
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleTop 10 Worst
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBook House
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width198 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Antram
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.85Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.16Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.