All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.51
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.64Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.74
About this product
- DescriptionGettysburg, Pennsylvania, the site of one of the greatest battles in history; w home to a sinister conspiracy dating back to the founding of the United States itself and reaching into the deepest and most secretive levels of the government; a conspiracy that threatens to plunge the world into a chasm of domination and nuclear devastation. Muriel Peterson's grandfather is killed in 1976. Four years later, the guidance counselor at her new junior high school asks if she is a good American and offers to free her from the boredom of being a preteen in her small Pennsylvania town. He asks her to spy on a family of Russian immigrants suspected of stealing secrets for the KGB. She reluctantly accepts and begins to infiltrate the life of that fellow student and his family. Murry slowly uncovers a conspiracy by a rogue Soviet general and someone inside the CIA to place sleeper agents throughout the country in an effort to start a war with the Soviet Union and replace the US government. Along the way, she discovers dark secrets long hidden by her handler, a mysterious FBI agent and even her deceased grandfather leading to a much larger conspiracy that threatens to pull a dark veil across the face of the entire world. All this while she attempts to deal with the pressures of growing up in a dysfunctional family, social isolation and young love.
- Author BiographyI was born in Rochester, New York on February 9, 1965 and wrote my first book, entitled The Dog Catcher is Coming, when I was only six years old. After that it was short story after short story, mostly for my own enjoyment. There were also the extra episodes of television shows that I watched, such as Doctor Who. When I was older, I became a teacher and began to teach a writing workshop. I would write stories as examples to read to the students until finally, one day, they began to suggest that I attempt to have some of them published. That led to the four Marvin books. Now, after several years, many thousands of pages of research into the Cold War and about four dozen trips to Gettysburg, I have begun to produce the Murry Peterson series of young adult spy novels.
- Author(s)Dr Richard S Hartmetz
- Date of Publication06/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.