All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionPrimary care practitioners are often the first medical professionals to see patients after an injury, making it critical for them to stay up to date on the latest developments in sports medicine. Musculoskeletal and Sports Medicine for the Primary Care Practitioner contains the most current information on major topics in sports science and clinical medicine. It is a valuable resource for primary care physicians and allied health professionals who practice, teach, and hold specialty certifications in sports medicine and related fields. The book discusses key concepts related to the diagsis, treatment, and prevention of sports injuries. This edition adds new sections on pro-inflammatory treatments, field-side acupuncture, and brief musculoskeletal ultrasound as well as a new chapter on wellness and video illustrations of important musculoskeletal maneuvers at www.crcpress.com/9781482220117. The book follows the Strength of Recommendation Taxomy (SORT), which addresses the quality, quantity, and consistency of evidence. It recommends levels of patient-oriented evidence to assist physicians in their diagses. Also included is a link to videos that demonstrate important musculoskeletal maneuvers used in sports medicine. As exercise and sports move beyond the realm of leisurely activity to a necessary component of good health, this book has become an important resource for all those involved in sports medicine.
- Author BiographyEdited by Richard B. Birrer, MD, MPH, CEO and president, eMD LLC; and professor of medicine, Cornell University Medical College, New York, New York Francis G. O'Connor, MD, MPH, professor and chair, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland, USA Shawn F. Kane, MD, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note316 black & white illustrations, 318 black & white tables
- Weight2086 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byFrancis G. O'Connor,Richard B. Birrer,Shawn F. Kane
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.