All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionClassical mythology frequently serves to promote the good life as defined by American advertising. This book shows how the myths of ancient Greece permeate the persuasive work of Madison Avenue, where advertising promotes a desirable world and lifestyle. In antiquity, a community's myths defined and sustained a common social order; in modern times advertising plays this role. The designers of American advertising have turned to classical myth to give shape to their vision of the American dream.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Karelisa V. Hartigan (Ph.D. University of Chicago) is Professor of Classics at the University of Florida. There she founded and directed for 23 years Text & Presentation (a comparative drama conference), founded and serves as Co-Director of the Center for Greek Studies, served as Associate Director of UF Honors Program, and has won many teaching awards. She is the author of five books and numerous articles on classical topics.
- Author(s)Karelisa V. Hartigan
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Series TitleStudien zur Klassischen Philologie
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 127
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note76 fig.
- Weight220 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.