All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>An ?intriguing? oral portrait of the people behind the Metropolitan Museum of Art (<i>Entertainment Weekly</i>)</b> Using more than fifty interviews, award-winning writer Danny Danziger creates a fascinating mosaic of the people behind New York's magnificent Metropolitan Museum of Art. From the aristocratic, acerbic director of the museum, Philippe de Montebello, to the curators who have a deep kwledge and passionate appreciation of their collections, from the security guards to the philanthropists who keep the museum's financial life blood flowing, Danziger brings to life this extraordinary world through the words of those who are devoted to making the Met the American institution it surely is.
- Author BiographyDanny Danziger currently lives in London, and <b>Museum</b> is his twelfth book, including the acclaimed <i>1215: The Year of Magna Carta</i> and the bestselling <i>The Year 1000</i>.
- Author(s)Danny Danziger
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication25/11/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight277 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.