All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $27.00Trending at AU $28.89
- AU $41.40Trending at AU $43.44
- AU $58.98Trending at AU $85.65
- AU $27.45Trending at AU $32.01
- AU $34.09Trending at AU $41.82
- AU $27.52Trending at AU $28.94
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $30.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe imperatives surrounding museum representations of place have shifted from the late eighteenth century to today. The political significance of place itself has changed and continues to change at all scales, from local, civic, regional to national and supranational. At the same time, changes in population flows, migration patterns and demographic movement w underscore both cultural and political practice, be it in the accommodation of 'diversity' in cultural and social policy, scholarly explorations of hybridity or in state immigration controls. This book investigates the historical and contemporary relationships between museums, places and identities. It brings together contributions from international scholars, academics, practitioners from museums and public institutions, policymakers, and representatives of associations and migrant communities to explore all these issues.
- Author BiographyChristopher Whitehead is Professor of Museology and a member of Newcastle University's Cultural Affairs Steering Group and the Great North Museum's Board, UK. Rhiannon Mason is Senior Lecturer in Museum, Gallery and Heritage Studies and current Director of the International Centre for Cultural and Heritage Studies, Newcastle University, UK. Susannah Eckersley is a Lecturer in Museum, Gallery and Heritage Studies, Newcastle University, UK. Katherine Lloyd is a Research Associate at the International Centre for Cultural and Heritage Studies, Newcastle University, UK.
- Author(s)Christopher Whitehead,Dr. Susannah Eckersley,Ms. Katherine Lloyd,Rhiannon Mason
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 78 b&w illustrations
- Weight786 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.