All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGain an in-depth understanding of a topic that is vital to the success of anyone in or entering the music industry, with MUSIC COPYRIGHT LAW. From songwriters and performers to managers, producers, and agents - everyone is affected by the issues covered in this book. Avoiding the technical jargon and lawyerspeak that bogs down other books on the subject, the book explores the world of copyright law and hones in on how it applies to music. It begins by building a foundational kwledge of the fundamentals of copyright law, what it protects, the benefits of registering a copyright, and what to do when copyright has been infringed. Once the fundamentals are established, coverage expands to include controversies involving copyright and music in the digital age and the debates over online music. Packed with practical examples that bring complex concepts to life, this book is a must-have for any professional in or entering music business.
- Author BiographyDavid Moser is a professor in the Mike Curb College of Entertainment and Music Business at Belmont University where he teaches courses in Intellectual Properties, Legal Issues in the Music Industry, Music Publishing, and Multimedia Law. Moser is also an attorney with more than ten years of experience in intellectual property and entertainment law. He represents clients such as record companies, music publishers, songwriters, recording artists, producers, managers, and Internet businesses. He also teaches an online copyright course at UCLA Extension School and is a recipient of a Fulbright Scholar Award to conduct research on intellectual property piracy in the Philippines. Moser is a frequent guest speaker and panelist at music industry and legal education seminars and operates a website at www.copyrightguru.com. Cheryl L. Slay is an Entertainment and Intellectual Property Attorney and Assistant Professor of Music Business at Belmont University. She holds a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Maryland School of Law, a Master of Public Administration from Atlanta University, a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan, and completed the Harvard Law School Program of Continuing Education for Lawyers in International & Comparative Intellectual Property. In addition to serving as a professor, Ms. Slay is an attorney with over 10 years of experience in copyright and entertainment law, providing representation for musicians, independent record companies and filmmakers, and other entertainment industry professionals. Her professional affiliations include selection as a Maryland Bar Foundation Fellow and as an alumna of the 2010 class of Leadership Music. Ms. Slay's art and entertainment perspective is enhanced by her career as a performing artist. She is a skilled vocalist with over 20 years of performance experience, as well as studio experience that includes work on her own recording project. For additional information about Ms. Slay, visit her website at www.slaylaw.com.
- Author(s)Cheryl Slay,David Moser
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication19/12/2011
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Weight884 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.