All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.18Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe United States boasts a rich musical diversity. Colonial Americans integrated European traditions with new cultural influences to compose a unique musical identity. African traditions influenced hymns and folk songs that connected people to religion and to the trials and tribulations of everyday life. Patriotic tunes created unity in wartime. America's jazz, blues, rock, and hip-hop continue to evolve from their African-American origins. Music: Investigate the Evolution of American Sound invites kids ages 12 and up to explore the roots of American music genres as they investigate the social, political, and religious influences that inspire musicians. Activities encourage readers to inquire into the art and science of music. Readers can engage in a hands-on exploration of the physics of sound vibrations, decibel levels, and acoustics, or use vocal styling to improvise and discover the rhythm of their bodies to create a beatbox. Music encourages readers to analyze lyrics, their meanings, and rhythms, and then use that analysis to write their own songs. This title meets common core state standards in language arts for reading informational text and literary nfiction and is aligned with Next Generation Science Standards. Guided Reading Levels and Lexile measurements indicate grade level and text complexity.
- Author BiographyDonna Latham is an award-winning author and playwright. She is the author of Bridges and Tunnels: Investigate Feats of Engineering, Canals and Dams: Investigate Feats of Engineering, Amazing Biome Projects You Can Build Yourself, Backyard Biology: Investigate Habitats Outside Your Door With 25 Projects, and Garbage: Investigate What Happens When You Throw It Out With 25 Projects. She is a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators and the Society of Midland Authors. Donna lives in Batavia, Illinois. Bryan Stone is a cartoonist and the illustrator of several books for Nomad Press including Explore Night Science, Explore Flight!, Explore Rivers and Ponds!, Explore Rocks and Minerals!, and Explore Electricity!. He lives in Hartland, Vermont.
- Author(s)Donna Latham
- PublisherNomad Press
- Date of Publication18/11/2013
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleInquire and Investigate
- Place of PublicationWhite River Junction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNomad Press
- Content Noteillus
- Weight517 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bryan Stone
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.