All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionMusic communicates where words fail, and music therapy has been proven to connect with those who were thought to be unreachable, making it an ideal medium for working with those who have suffered psychological trauma. Music, Music Therapy and Trauma addresses the need for an exploration of current thinking on music and trauma. With chapters written by many of today's leading specialists in this area, music and trauma is approached from a wide range of perspectives, with contributions on the following: * neurology of trauma and music; * music and trauma in general; * social and cultural perspectives on trauma; * contextualising contemporary classical music and conflict; * music and trauma in areas where there is war, community unrest and violence (Northern Ireland, Bosnia-Herzegovina, South Africa); * music, trauma and early development. Including specific examples and case studies, this book addresses the growing interest in the effects of trauma and how music therapy can provide a way through this complex process.
- Author BiographyJulie Sutton has practised as a registered music therapist for over eighteen years, working with a wide range of clients and also as a researcher and registered clinical supervisor. Her research interests include Parkinson's disease, complex speech and language impairment, Rett Syndrome, psychological trauma and interpersonal processes in improvisation. She has a private practice, working regularly in Belfast, Dublin, London and for the Pavarotti Music Therapy Centre in Bosnia-Herzegovina. She has published and presented internationally. A member of several professional groups and the UK representative for the European Music Therapy Confederation, Julie has just completed her doctorate.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication12/04/2002
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight371 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJulie Sutton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.