All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
About this product
- DescriptionMusic Therapy with Adults with Learning Disabilities explores how music therapists work in partnership with people with learning disabilities to encourage independence and empowerment and to address a wide variety of everyday issues and difficulties. Comprehensive and wide-ranging, this book describes in detail the role and work of the music therapist with adults with learning disabilities. Many clinical examples are used, including casework with people with autism, asperger's syndrome, profound and multiple learning disabilities and a dual diagsis of learning disability and mental health problems. The book also explores issues of team work and collaborative working, considering how music therapists and their colleagues can best work together. The chapters are grouped into four sections; an introduction to current music therapy work and policy in the area, clinical work with individuals, clinical work with groups, and collaborative and team work. Guidelines for good practice are also provided. This is a thought-provoking and topical text for all those involved in work with adults with learning disabilities; it is essential reading for music therapists and fellow professionals, carers, policy makers and students.
- Author BiographyTessa Watson is a music therapist and music therapy trainer. She is convenor of the music therapy training course at Roehampton University. Tessa's current clinical work is with adults with learning disabilities for Ealing Primary Care Trust where she is Principal Arts Therapist.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/04/2007
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byTessa Watson
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.