All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamining the intersection of music, psychology, and neuroscience, Music, Thought, and Feeling, Second Edition, surveys the rapidly growing field of music cognition and explores its most interesting questions. Assuming minimal background in music or psychology, the book begins with an overview of the major theories on how and when music became a widespread aspect of human behavior. Now in its second edition, the text includes enhanced coverage of music therapy, the most recent theory and research, and improved pedagogy, including enhanced definitions of key terms and a reworked organization of topics.
- Author BiographyWilliam Forde Thompson is Professor of Psychology at Macquarie University, where he conducts research on music, emotion, and performance. He has served as President of the Society for Music Perception and Cognition (2006-2008), Associate Editor at Music Perception, and Editor of Empirical Musicology Review.
- Author(s)William Forde Thompson
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight624 g
- Width194 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.