All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author has documented for the first time the music of the people of South-East New Britain: the Lote and Maenge (Mengen) of the coast and the Mamusi of the interior. Choral songs dominate; instrumental music consists of flute and panpipe tunes. Initiation and death ceremonies play a central role in these Melanesian societies.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Wolfgang Laade, born 1925 in Zeitz, Germany. Studied first music, then ethnomusicology, musicology, and anthropology in Berlin. Doctorate 1960. Musical research among little or undocumented ethnic groups in Lapland, Corsica, Tunisia, Australia, Torres Strait, Papua New Guinea, New Britain, Taiwan, India, Zimbabwe.
- Author(s)Wolfgang Laade
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/12/1999
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Note37 ill.,
- Weight390 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.03
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
- AU $49.56Trending at AU $56.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.