All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionThe dance and musical traditions of Ghana's four main ethnic groups are covered comprehensively in this book. Discussed are t only concepts of music, dance and performance in general, but also cultural perspectives, performance practices, and the form and structure of 22 musical types or dance drumming ceremonies. Historical, geographical, cultural and social backgrounds of the groups are included, as well as orthographies of each language with their unique characters. As a guide to multicultural education, the book provides teaching methods and components of curriculum development. Numerous photographs, maps, and musical scores serve to generously illustrate the book.
- Author BiographyPaschal Yao Younge is an associate professor of multicultural music education and the director of the Annual International Summer Program in African Interdisciplinary Arts and co-artistic director of the African Ensemble at Ohio University. He is also a multi-talented, award-winning musician.
- Author(s)Paschal Yao Younge
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight816 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.