All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionPoet and cardiologist John Stone is a man of many voices. A gifted verse maker, he exhibits in his writing the qualities of a compassionate physician, a musician, linguist, naturalist, and down-to-earth yet whimsical grandfather, son, husband, and brother. Selections from his four previous books together with twenty-two new works compose this exquisite volume, a best of the best sampling from a beloved poet, a delicious treat for readers who kw Stone and those yet to meet him. Stone's new poems include humorous and sometimes tough adventures with his ninety-five-year-old mother (she makes the music that wafts from Apartment 8), an exciting sequence drawn from a felicitous yet daunting trip to the Middle East, and reflections on growing up in Mississippi and Texas. Earlier works show Stone immersed in his sons' soccer practice, teaching, attending at the bedside of patients, and sometimes simply turning his attention toward the everyday. He is a poet who hears, and speaks, every language of the heart.
- Author BiographyJohn Stone is also the author of the essay collection In the Country of Hearts: Journeys in the Art of Medicine. He is a professor of medicine emeritus at Emory University School of Medicine.
- Author(s)John Stone
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2004
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBaton Rouge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.