All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOur kwledge of medieval music - from the dramatic and melodic riches of the thirteenth century to such highlights of the fifteenth century as the pieces in the Old Hall Manuscript - rests almost wholly on the existence of the manuscripts that have survived. Many illuminated manuscripts similarly contain detailed depictions of musicians with their instruments providing a valuable source of reference for performers today. A lively introduction to all aspects of medieval music for anyone who enjoys listening to works of the period.
- Author BiographyNicolas Bell is a curator of music manuscripts in the Music Collections of the British Library. Arthur Searle was Curator of music manuscripts in the British Library until his retirement in 1996.
- Author(s)Arthur Searle,Nicolas Bell
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication29/12/2001
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width177 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.