Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the various ways music affects people and how they create meaning from everyday musical experiences, from infancy through old age. These experiences help us construct meaning and understanding of ourselves, our cultures, and our world. The contributors examine the nature of musical experience and how it changes throughout our lifespan.
- Author BiographyJody L. Kerchner is associate professor and director of Music Education at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music where she is the secondary school music and choral music education specialist. Her research focuses on music listening and cognitive processing, portfolio assessment, college-public school collaboration, and music teacher identity. Carlos R. Abril is assistant professor of Music Education at Northwestern University where he teaches courses in general music, multiculturalism, and philosophy. His research focuses on the sociocultural dimensions of the music teaching and learning process, music perception, and the elementary music curriculum.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/04/2009
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight681 g
- Width161 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byCarlos R. Abril,Jody L. Kerchner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.