All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- Description<i>Musical Work Analysis</i> is a holistic approach to the cognitive theory of the musical work. The book develops some of Roman Ingarden s concepts on the epistemology of an actually existing work of music. The author outlines an epistemological theory of the musical work by discussing the role of musical analysis in modern musicology, defining sources and objects of epistemological activity, formulating a systematization of analytical terms, issues and methods, both rmative and descriptive, and addressing the relation between analysis and interpretation of a musical work. The book was published in Polish language in edition of the Foundation for Polish Science (Wroclaw University Press, Wroclaw 2003) and awarded by the Polish Ministry of National Education (2004).
- Author BiographyThe Author: Maciej Golab is professor of musicology at the University of Wroclaw. He specialises in nineteenth and twentieth century music history and theory, Chopin studies and methodology of musicological research. His last monographs include Chopins Harmonik. Chromatik in ihrer Beziehung zur Tonalitat (Koln 1995) and Jozef Koffler. Compositional Style and Source Documents (Los Angeles 2004). Since 2003 Maciej Golab has been head of the Department of Musicology at the University of Wroclaw.
- Author(s)Maciej Golab
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight290 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Translated byBonkowski Wojciech
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.