All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
About this product
- DescriptionFour modern eighth graders find themselves onboard a lost ship crewed by a grumpy dwarf, a chameleon like elf, a crazy monkey, a young dragon and a family of muskrats. What started as a school trip to learn about civil war ironclads becomes a journey of discovery and survival in a fantasy world. Having idea how to return to their own home the cousins decide to help the crew find its way home. Not old eugh for driver licenses the kids learn how to function on a ship in an asteroid world with up, down or sideways, often a navigational nightmare. Operating a coal powered steam driven vessel is a far cry from operating a video game controller, one of many surprising discoveries for the cousins. Without computers and Google to do their thinking for them, the young adventurers must discover and develop their own hidden abilities. Some freshly acquired, these powers enable the kids to t only overcome, but enjoy the strangeness, perils and beauty of the world of Where. Each group of humans and fantasy creatures encountered forces the kids to learn how to judge by more than appearance. There are those who will help them; dwarves, muskrats, elves and some humans vastly different from those at home. There are those who will harm them; most dragons, orcs, gmes and other humans. Skeletons are an enigma. Muskrat is a cross between Narnia and Harry Potter, a fantasy world with magical creatures. A 60,073 word Young Adult vel, Muskrat, Where Are We? is a standalone work. It is the first volume of the Muskrat series. The planned six volume set will take the cousins from age 13 to their final arrival home when 18.
- Author(s)Roger C Campbell
- Date of Publication07/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.